Jayne Blake is our Paediatric Physiotherapist specialising in assessing and treating babies, children, and young adults. She has worked with children for thirty years within the NHS and special independent schools.
Moving to the area recently, Jayne has previously worked in several hospitals and regional units. But for the past twenty-four years, she has worked for the NHS at Kettering General Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital in Northamptonshire.
Jayne’s specialism lies in:
- Child Development and the treatment of babies and children with developmental delay.
- Neurological conditions, for example, Cerebral Palsy.
- Neuromuscular conditions and Syndromes, for example, Muscular Dystrophy and Hypermobility.
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Orthopaedic and Muscular skeletal conditions.
- Toe walkers
During Jayne’s time at Kettering, she worked alongside the Paediatric Orthopaedic consultant as an extended scope practitioner treating a wide variety of different conditions and running numerous clinics:
- Botulinum Toxin injecting clinics for children with neurological conditions. Involving assessment of suitability before injections and the important follow-up treatments afterwards.
- Ponseti casting clinics for Babies with Talipes (Club foot) and ongoing treatment afterwards.
- Serial casting for tight tendons.
- Postoperative Rehab following various surgeries. E.g. Tendon lengthening, rehabilitation and strengthening following SDR surgery.
- Hip screening clinics for children with Cerebral Palsy.
Jayne also worked on paediatric wards with babies and children and in nurseries, primary and secondary schools.
“I feel that every individual child is special and important. Many children experience difficulties with their development and sometimes their involvement with physical activities, which can cause concern to parents. No problem is too small and parents instincts should always be listened to”
At Sarum, your child will be greeted with a smiling face. An assessment tailored to their individual need and friendly professional advice given in a fun-filled environment.